Historical monument at original lighthouse site (no plaque on top)
Plaque on front of monument at original lighthouse site
The lighthouse is the oldest standing structure on the Cape. Originally built in 1868 to replace a much shorter brick lighthouse, it was moved to its present location and put back into service in 1894. The original lighthouse foundation at the first site remains near Launch Complex 46.
Additional information about the lighthouse and can be found at the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation web site.
- Cape Canaveral Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Exhibit
- Lighthouse Gazebo Exhibit
- Early Cape Residents Exhibit
- Old Pioneer Cemetery
- Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation
- The Lighthouse That Never Fails
- CCSFS Markers, Memorials, Sites, and Stories